Lithuania is a modern northern European country, situated along the southeastern shore of the Baltic Sea, to the east of Sweden and Denmark which is a member of European Union. Lithuania has a long-standing tradition of higher education and offers a warm environment for foreigners. A wide variety of Universities offer more than 350 study programmes, taught in English, that foreign students could choose from. One of the key factors that Lithuania represents is a county of the fastest and cheapest internet connection in the European Union.
1. Over 350 study programmes taught in English.
2. Long-standing tradition of higher education and openness for innovations. Students can choose to study full-time or part-time. Several universities offer spring intake
3. Internationally recognized diplomas which are offered in three cycles Bachelor, Master and PhD.
4. Working opportunities during studies and possibility to stay in the country for 15 months afterwards to look for a job.
5. Affordable living and great value for money. Students in Lithuania receive discounts in various places from restaurants to museums, from public transportation to certain shops.
6. Lithuanian cities have well-developed systems of public transports. There is a choice of buses, trolleybuses and minibuses. Students are offered large discounts on public transportations tickets and are encouraged to use it.
If you are a citizen of 27 European Union countries, you do not need a Visa to Study in Lithuania. If you are not a citizen of Schengen states- you must apply for a visa. National Visa (D) is required to study in Lithuania. National Visa (D) is a visa allowing a foreigner to enter the REpublic of Lithuania and stay in it for a period longer than 90 days. A single entry national visa shall be issued to a foreigner who has been granted a temporary or permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania. A multiple entry national visa shall be issued to a foreigner whose purpose of entry onto Lithuania is long term stay in the Republic of Lithuania.
Admission is once per year. Studies start in September, the deadline to send an application with required documents is mid of June.
Students wishing to enroll for studies must have completed secondary education. Every foreign student must have his/her academic documents recognized in the Republic of Lithuania. The evaluation and recognition of foreign degrees is carried out by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE). For studies universities asked for English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, etc). They need at least level B1: assessments of English Language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level 3.
If an applicant does not have such certification, English language level will be estimated remotely by university. If secondary education was provided fully in English language then the applicant needs to provide confirmation from the school regarding it.
With National D Visa students are not allowed to work. After the first year (before expiry of visa) students will be applying for a temporary residence permit which will allow them to work in the Republic of Lithuania.
Accommodation: Accommodation varies according to university and their dormitory. Students are offered to live in a dormitory (equipped rooms with single or communal bath, communal kitchen, washing machines). Dormitory varies from 90-150 Euro per month.
1. Lithuania is a modern northern European Country which is a member of the European Union.
2. Foreigners are welcome and English is widely spoken.
3. Comfortable location to travel and sightseeing the entire region.
4. Lithuania is a country of the fastest and cheapest internet connection in the EU.
To fund their studies students may apply for scholarships. Students of all fields, lecturers and researchers of foreign countries are eligible to apply for the scholarships. During the studies, students may also receive incentive scholarships for the best-performing in the academic unit.